The Fit2Fly on-site RT-PCR testing service is designed for those requiring a COVID free certificate for travel. Test results are typically issued within 24 hours of receipt by our laboratory and results are returned via a PDF Laboratory Certificate of Analysis.
Once you have ordered your COVID-19 RT_PCR Test you’ll receive a telephone call from a member of the Fit2FlyPCR team to book your appointment at our testing facility located in Romsey, Hampshire.
A member of our team will oversee you whilst you swab your nose and the back of your throat to ensure that the test is correctly administered. After your appointment, your swab will be sent to our UKAS registered laboratory, Typically, within 48 hours of your test, you’ll get an email to let you know your results are ready to view, and if negative you’ll be able to download your results certificate.
How it works
Order your test online, We'll contact you to arrange an appointment
Visit our test facility in Hampshire for your swab test
Receive your results typically, within 48 hours
Emergency 2Hr* testing and Results & Same-day** results options are now available.
* Subject to availability **The cut-off for same-day results is 11:00 AM
This service is not suitable for anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, or anyone who thinks they may have COVID-19. Please don’t book an appointment or come into the testing facility if you, anyone in your household or support bubble have symptoms of COVID-19 or you have been told to isolate after contact with a person that has tested positive for COVID-19. Instead, stay at home and follow the latest government guidance.
Important appointment information
Please read this information carefully before coming in for your appointment.
- You are required to bring a form of photo ID to verify your identity. If travelling, this MUST be a passport, for other reasons any form of Photo ID is accepted
- If you, anyone in your household or support bubble have any symptoms of COVID-19 or think they may have COVID-19, please do not come into the testing facility for your appointment. Instead, please call the office to cancel your appointment, stay at home and follow the latest government guidance.
- Remember to wear a face mask or covering and maintain social distancing whilst on-site
- It is very important that you arrive at our testing facility at the correct time for your appointment. If you are late, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to re-schedule your appointment.
How long will my appointment take?
The appointment including the swab test will take about 10 minutes.
What is the difference between an Antigen and PCR test?
PCR test: PCR testing is considered the "gold standard" in SARS-CoV-2 detection. This test actually detects RNA (or genetic material) that is specific to the virus and can detect the virus within days of infection, even those who have no symptoms.
Antigen Test (frequently referred to as a rapid test): This test detects protein fragments specific to the Coronavirus. Turnaround time for results is usually very quick and, in some cases, results can be reported within 15 minutes.
Who is this service suitable for?
The on-site COVID-19 PCR Testing Service is suitable for adults and children five years of age and over. It’s not suitable for anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, or anyone who thinks they may have COVID-19
Where to find us.
*Please note that the UK government may additionally require you to take a test prior to your return to the UK. This test will have to be organised by you at your destination.
Please be aware that, within the UK, Health is a devolved matter. Specific testing requirements on returning from international destinations may alter depending upon the jurisdiction. Please check the requirements for your UK arrival jurisdiction before ordering test kits.